Driver, #36 Tommy Baldwin Racing Chevrolet SS
Birthdate: October 5, 1976
Hometown: Phoenix, AZ
Resides: Charlotte, NC
Marital Status: Married (Kristen)
- 2003 United States Auto Club (USAC) Triple Crown (Silver Crown, Sprint, Midget) Champion.
- Won 2001 USAC Sprint Car Championship, 2002 USAC Silver Crown Championship.
- In 1998 became the youngest driver at the time to qualify for the Indianapolis 500, at age 21, and finished ninth.
- In 1995 became the youngest driver to win a Sprint Car Racing Association (SCRA) feature race.
- JJ’s first name is actually Christopher. “JJ” is a nickname that came from “Jimmy Jack,” for a close family friend and his father.
- JJ tries to race at the Chili Bowl Midget Nationals in Tulsa, Oklahoma every year.
- Charity work is very important to JJ Aside from his work with other children’s charities, he hosts the “JJ Yeley Drives for Kids” golf classic in his hometown of Phoenix, Arizona. The proceeds of the event go to the Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- In 2013 JJ partnered with the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, read more about RAK and JJ’s 36 in 36 here.
- Active on Twitter: @JJYeley1