Hometown: Hartford, Ohio
Born: Oct. 24, 1962
Resides: High Point, N.C.
Marital Status: Married (Lisa)
Children: Emma, Ryan, and Erin
- 2006 won October Charlotte NASCAR Nationwide Series race.
- 1993-1994, 1996-1997 World of Outlaws championship runner-up.
- 1995 World of Outlaws sprint car champion.
- 1995 Sprint Car Driver of the Year.
- 1984 USAC Silver Crown champion.
PREVIOUS RACING HISTORY
- In 2012 kicked off his season racing a sprint car at the UNOH DirtCar Nationals at Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville, Fla.
- In 2010 returned to sprint car racing and won a feature at Tri-City Speedway in Franklin, Pa.
- In 2009 made last four NASCAR Nationwide Series starts, to date in his career and in his last, had a third-place finish at Charlotte-2 for owner Joe Nemechek.
- In 2006 won first career Nationwide Series race, for Braun Racing at Charlotte-2.
- Has seven career Nationwide Series poles, including at least one per year for three consecutive seasons from 1998-2000 while driving for owner Bill Davis.
- Made second career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start for Davis in 2007 and scored his second top-10 finish.
- In 1999, finished seventh in the Nationwide Series standings despite missing one race, posting five top fives, 12 top 10s and taking four poles in 31 starts.
- Made his first Nationwide Series start in 1998 for Davis and took one pole and three top-10 finishes while competing in 20 races.
- In 1996-1997, finished runner-up in the World of Outlaws sprint car circuit.… Won the 1995 World of Outlaws championship and was named that year’s Sprint Car Driver of the Year. Also in 1995, won Knoxville Nationals, the Historical Big One and the King’s Royal sprint car race at Eldora Speedway, all among the biggest events in sprint car racing.
- In 1993-1994, finished runner-up in the World of Outlaws sprint car circuit.
- In 1990 won Pacific Coast Nationals at Ascot Speedway (Gardena, Calif.).
- In 1989, posted 76 top-five finishes in 85 races between sprints and modifieds.
- Won Eastern World Sprint Car championship in 1988 in Hagerstown, Md.
- Won his first career World of Outlaws series race at Tri-City in 1985.
- In 1984, Dave became the youngest driver to win USAC Silver Crown championship.
- Won rookie of the year honors on the All-Star Circuit of Champions sprint series in 1982.
- Began his professional racing career in 1981 racing sprint cars.
- Has competed in all three major sprint car associations, World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series, United Sprint Association and All-Star Circuit of Champions.
- Dave is the owner of Sharon Speedway in Hartford, Ohio, a venture he persues with his family.
- Father, Lou, also raced sprint and modified cars. As his high school graduation gift, he took over the seat of his dad’s sprint car ride.
- TBR owner, Tommy Baldwin, worked as his crew chief for two seasons while at Bill Davis Racing.
- Son, Ryan, had successful quarter midget career and was a budding late model racing star as a mid-teenager, including winning his first career NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race, at Phoenix in November 2011 as a 17-year-old. Ryan’s success continued in 2012 with his first career NASCAR Nationwide Series top-five finish and his first career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series win, at Iowa-2.
- Active on Twitter: @BuckeyeBullet10